Friday, February 7, 2014

Sweet Potato Coins

Ingredients:
  • 3 pounds small sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean and unpeeled
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 3 dollops Gourmet Gardens® Garlic
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


Directions:

Slice the sweet potatoes into thick rounds and put them in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk  together the lime juice, chili powder, garlic, olive oil, and sea salt.  Then add to the sweet potatoes and toss well.

Spread the sweet potato slices in one layer on the baking sheet (depending on the size of your sweet potatoes, you may need two baking sheets).

Roast the sweet potato slices about 40-45 minutes, turning them halfway through the cooking time. The sweet potatoes will be soft, slightly wrinkled, and glazed with the oil mixture. Remove from the oven and serve. The sweet potato coins are equally good hot, warm and cold.


Myrtle's Note:  I very much liked the marinade and the sweet potatoes, but I did not care for the peel. I left the instructions as is, but would peel them for myself.  I also increased the temperature, because I would like them a bit more browned.