Thursday, February 20, 2014

Strawberry Muffins

Ingredients: 
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup white granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk 
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract
  • 1 cup of minced fresh strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


Directions:

Grease a muffin tin and set aside.

Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Mix in egg, milk, butter, almond extract.  Hand mixing is fine.

Slice and then mince into small pieces enough strawberries to fill one cup.  Fold into the batter.  Fill the tins and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with butter while warm.


Myrtle's Note:  I had enormous muffins, because I kept trying to get all the batter into 12 muffin tins.  And I will not admit just how much batter I ended up licking out of the bowl.  So, I would plan for more than twelve muffins.  I wish I knew how to adjust down the recipe ever so slightly.  I think it would work well to do two batches, so that you are not cooking 2 or 3 muffins by themselves.  The taste, however, was sublime!