- 4 strips bacon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ears corn, cleaned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Fry the bacon pieces until they are all browned.
- Cut corn off of ears into the frying pan.
- Scrape milk from corn cob into the frying pan.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar, and milk.
- Cook over low to medium heat, stirring often for about 20 minutes.
- Add in butter and cook another minute.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 4 Servings
Myrtle's Note: I cut the recipe in half, but used three slices of bacon, since it was thinly sliced, and used 1/2 cup milk, because the original 3/8 cup reduced down rather quickly. Were I making a whole recipe, I would probably also increase the milk a tad and definitely add the extra bacon.