Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Mango Salsa

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 medium red onion (~1/3 cup)
  • Juice from 2 limes (~4 tablespoons)
  • 2 1/2 pounds ripe mangoes (~4)
  • 1 large poblano pepper (~2 tablespoons)
  • Leaves from 4 stems cilantro (~3 tablespoons)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Redmond's® Real Salt


Directions:

Thinly slice the onion.  Place in a bowl with the lime juice and let sit for at least 10 minutes.

Peel and cut into a large dice the mango and place in a medium bowl.  Stem, seed, and finely chop the poblano pepper and add it to the mango.  Finely chose the cilantro and add.  Add the salt and olive oil.  Toss thoroughly.  Then add in the lime juice and onions.  Toss thoroughly.

Myrtle's Note:  I do wonder if my mangos were not diced small enough, since I had no photo as a guide.  After dumping the onions in and tossing, I decided they looked odd with long slivers and the mango pieces and tiny pieces of pepper.  So, I fished them out and cut them in about thirds.  Next time, I will sliver and then cut them before soaking.  I am allergic to mangos, so I couldn't taste test this recipe.  However, my folks loved it.  Every cook loves a satisfied customer!

Yield:  4-6 servings