Friday, March 14, 2014

Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
  • Pork tenderloin
  • Sea salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 Tablespoons Herbes De Provence
  • 1 cup preserves (fig, peach, plum)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.


Directions:

Season pork tenderloins liberally with salt and pepper, then with Herbs de Provence, pressing to get the herbs to adhere to the pork.

Place the pork on a rack or in a large skillet, fat side up, and roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes (or until no longer pink). Remove from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.

While the pork is resting, combine preserves, water, and vinegar in a small pan and bring to a simmer.

Slice pork into thick pieces, then spoon the sauce/glaze over the slices. Serve with mashed potatoes, grits ... anything you'd like!

Myrtle's Note:  If you study the photos on the original recipe, my "preserves" look nothing like Pioneer Woman's.  I would like to improve on that, but Marie liked what I made with peach preserves.  I believe the fig ones used were more ... homemade ... less processed.  I also used a thermometer on the pork (to 145 degrees), so my cooking time was 25 minutes.  I used only one pork tenderloin, but the whole amount of sauce.  Since my jar preserves were just not looking right, I allowed the sauce to cook at a rapid boil for about 10 minutes or so to reduce it as much as possible.



Source:  http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/herb-roasted-pork-tenderloin-with-preserves/